Brand new formatting & inline images for notes 🎉
Our team recently set out to build a brand new editor for you to use when capturing ideas, requests, feedback, and formal user research on your Insights board.
- New formatting toolbar: Headlines, bold/italic, nested lists, and more!
- New formatting shortcuts: Capture inputs faster with formatting shortcuts.
- Inline images: Paste images directly into note descriptions.
- No more edit mode for manual notes: Edit and format text, then highlight a user insight. All your changes are automatically saved. No more switching in and out of edit mode.
- Preserved formatting when you copy/paste out of popular text editors: Including OneNote and Evernote, as well as many others.
- Ongoing markdown support: Add an h1 (#) h2 (##) or bulleted list ( - )
New formatting toolbar
A new toolbar allows you to apply text formatting:
- Big headlines (h1)
- Smaller headlines (h2)
- Numbered list (with support for multiple levels!)
- Bullet point list (with support for multiple levels!)
New keyboard shortcuts for text formatting
- Big headlines h1: (CMD + Option + 1 | CTRL + ALT + 1)
- Smaller headlines h2: (CMD + Option + 2 | CTRL + ALT + 2)
- Bold: (CMD + B | CTRL + B )
- Italics: (CMD + I | CTRL + I)
- Underline: (CMD + U | CTRL + U)
- Strike-through: (CMD + Option + X | CTRL + ALT + X)
Copy & paste images or image URLs directly into note descriptions! 🌅
Preserved formatting when you copy & paste
It just works.
Ongoing markdown support
Sometimes markdown is still the fastest way to format. Other times, you want to copy/paste text with markdown syntax already applied. Either way we've got you covered.
- Big headlines h1: #
- Smaller headlines h2: ##
- Bold: **boldword** or __boldword__
- Italic: *italicword* or _italicword_
- Strike-through: ~~strickenword~~
- Blockquote: >
- code: ` code (followed by another accent grave)
- code block: ``` code (followed by another three accents graves)
- horizontal line: ---
- bullet point list item: -
- numbered list item: 1.
See what's coming next...
Similar formatting options for feature descriptions coming soon!
See ideas we're still considering, learn what's planned, and see everything we've recently launched on productboard's Product Portal. 🌟