Ever wish you had one place to capture all your valuable user inputs and put them to use during feature prioritization?
- User interviews
- Feature request emails
- Support tickets
- Feature voting forums
- Win/loss analysis
- Feedback from white-glove customers
That's why we built the Insights board, a central repository for all your user research and feedback.
Here you can identify interesting insights and link them directly to related feature ideas.
Doing so means you'll be able to use the User impact score on the Features board to see which features would address the most pressing user needs. You'll also be able to drill in on each feature to see everyone who requested it, what they said, and how important it is to them.
Learn how in 3 minutes... 🎥
The Insights board is like a shared team inbox for all your incoming research and user feedback, no matter who submits it:
- Product managers
- User researchers
And no matter what source it's arriving from:
- Chrome extension
- Forwarded to productboard via email
- Auto-imported via Intercom, Zendesk, or hundreds of other tools using Zapier
- Imported from a spreadsheet or CSV
- Submitted by a customer from the Portal
You and your colleagues can also create new notes from the Insights board itself.
Highlight key user insights
productboard let's you capture the most important part of each piece of user input and categorize it for easy retrieval down the road.
Consider the typical "note" that's added to the Insights board:
- Notes from a customer call
- Email containing feature requests
- Support ticket with implications for the product team
There's a lot of information there, but each note contains just a few golden nuggets. Highlight these insights and link them to related feature ideas to put them to use during feature prioritization.
By linking insights in this way, for each feature idea on your Features board, you'll be able to see everyone who's ever requested it, what they said, and how important it is to them.
You can even navigate directly to the original note or source of the note (e.g. Intercom conversation).
Linking user insights to features also automatically adds points to the User impact score, which you can use to sort and filter features on the Features board according to how well they address user needs.
Further categorize insights
You can also tag highlighted insights and entire notes to categorize them in other ways besides what features they relate to or what user need they address.
This is most helpful for easily retrieving certain types of notes on your Insights board, e.g. user-research or churn-reason.
- love ❤️ — save positive feedback and compliments from users that product managers and marketers can return to later when looking for customer references & testimonials
- performance 🛠 — track performance complaints to help PMs, architects, and engineers identify sluggish areas of the product
- pricing 💰 — identify areas of confusion; log feedback that indicates pricing is too high/low
- churn-alert 🚨 — track feedback from customers who are struggling with the product to help customer success plan interventions and inform product prioritization
- loss-analysis 🙈 — track feedback from prospects who decided not to become customers to inform prioritization and product marketing decisions
- [competitor-name] 🏆 — track users’ comments on other products in your space to inform competitive research and product positioning
Process notes to get to inbox zero
When you're done categorizing a new note, mark it processed so you and your colleagues will know it's been reviewed. Doing so moves the note from the Inbox to the Processed folder.
That way everyone can focus on the new notes arriving that have not yet been reviewed.
✅ Add several new notes
Add some new notes to log several feature requests or pieces of user feedback you've heard recently.
✅ Highlight an insight and link it to a related feature
Highlight the most important parts of the notes you've created and link them to one or more related feature ideas. Remember, you can create new features on the fly!
✅ Review all integrations with customer touchpoints
See all the integrations productboard offers with popular customer touchpoints like Zendesk and Intercom. Which will you set up right away? You can set up a new integration in minutes and begin consolidating user feedback in productboard.
That just about does it for our intro to the Insights board! Next we'll cover how to share your Roadmap with colleagues to earn buy-in for your plans.
- Highlight user insights and link them to related feature ideas
- Help contributors begin submitting valuable user insights