Available to admins on the Enterprise plan
Makers with admin access can request the generation of an audit log export that shows workspace events from the past 90 days.
Exporting your audit logs
- Make sure that you’re logged in to productboard as a maker with admin access.
- Enter the following URL below into your browser with the name of your workspace inserted: https://<your_workspace>.productboard.com/api/audit_logs/export
- Shortly after (typically less than 5 minutes), you’ll receive an email with a link to download the CSV containing the audit logs.
Optionally, you can limit the audit log to a time range of fewer than 90 days, which may expedite the export process. To do this, use the days_range parameter (integer, max value 90).
- e.g. To export an audit log for just the past week you could use: https://<your_workspace>.productboard.com/api/audit_logs/export?days_range=7)
Interpreting your audit log
The audit log is used primarily to explore actions that were carried out on a certain entity, by a certain user, or around a certain time.
- entity_type – the type of entity an action was carried out on
- action_time – the time an event took place
- user_email – the user who carried out the action
- action – denotes whether something was created, updated, or deleted
- changes – provides more detail on the change that took place
- entity_name – the name of the entity an action was carried out on
- remote address – the IP address of the user who carried out the action
Additional fields including id, entity_id, user_id, and metadata are for use by a member of the productboard team to help you further diagnose something that may have taken place in your workspace.
Actions not included in the audit log:
- Changing the order/position of columns on a view or roadmap
- Changing the order or saved views in the saved views list
Note: When opening up the .CSV export in Excel, you may need to dictate the semicolon as the delimiter in your Excel settings in order to view the data. Select the first column, then go to Data → Text to Columns → Delimited → ✅ Semicolon → Finish.