We've been swept up in Slack-mania with the rest of 'em. And as Slack users, we wanted a way to review productboard project updates in a Slack channel of our choice.
With this integration you can track updates like:
- New features created
- New comments on features/notes
All project updates are chronologically ordered, grouped by date. Updates are searchable in Slack and contain links to associated productboard features/notes.
Setup is easy. Just make sure you are an admin in both Slack and productboard. Then follow the steps below to get started.
Step I: Create a new Incoming Webhook in Slack
- Install Slack's Incoming WebHooks app.
- Select Configure.
- Choose a channel to which productboard notifications will be posted.
- Click Add incoming WebHooks integration.
- Copy the 'WebHooks URL' into your clipboard.
Step II: Configure the integration in productboard
- In the lower left, click on your profile icon and select Integrations.
- Click Add new Slack integration.
- Paste your Slack webhook URL into the first field.
- In the second field, indicate the channel to which notifications will be posted, preceded by the # symbol. (If you decide to push notifications to a different channel later, you can change it here without reconfiguring Slack.) To push to a direct message channel, see the section below.
- Click Save.
- Click Enable.
Pushing updates to direct message Slack channels
If you're looking to push notifications to a direct message (DM) channel you'll need to enter the channel's ID in step 4 above.
To find this ID, right-click the DM channel in Slack and select Copy Link. The last section of the URL, composed of around 9 letters and numbers is the channel's ID.
Note: This channel ID need not be preceded by the # symbol in step 4 above.