Enhanced formatting is now available for the description fields of notes, features, Portal cards, and the description field all other field/column types. Basic markdown is supported as well.
- Big headlines (h1)
- Smaller headlines (h2)
- Numbered list (with support for multiple levels!)
- Bullet point list (with support for multiple levels!)
Note: To change the level of the numbered/bulleted list, use Tab or Shift + Tab
Keyboard shortcuts for text formatting
- Big headlines h1: (CMD + Option + 1 | CTRL + ALT + 1)
- Smaller headlines h2: (CMD + Option + 2 | CTRL + ALT + 2)
- Bold: (CMD + B | CTRL + B )
- Italics: (CMD + I | CTRL + I)
- Underline: (CMD + U | CTRL + U)
- Strike-through: (CMD + Option + X | CTRL + ALT + X)
Copy & paste images or image URLs directly into description fields! 🌅
Preserved formatting when you copy & paste
It just works.
Sometimes markdown is still the fastest way to format. Other times, you want to copy/paste text with markdown syntax already applied. Either way we've got you covered.
- Big headlines h1: #
- Smaller headlines h2: ##
- Bold: **boldword** or __boldword__
- Italic: *italicword* or _italicword_
- Strike-through: ~~strickenword~~
- Blockquote: >
- Horizontal line: ---
- Bullet point list item: -
- Numbered list item: 1.
- Hyperlinks: [Click here] (http://productboard.com)
See also: Markdown Cheatsheet
- Code blocks
- Inline HTML
- Embedded videos
Formatting in comments
While there is not yet a formatting toolbar available for authoring comments, you can use markdown.
One exception is horizontal divider lines --- which are not supported in comments.
Tip: Use shift + enter to linebreak in a comment.
- Formatting is not yet supported in linked insights, as seen in a feature's details side pane.
- It is not yet possible to include inline images within highlighted insights.