Brand new formatting & inline images 🎉
Our team recently set out to build a brand new text editor for use in notes, features, Portal cards, and other column types.
- New formatting toolbar: Headlines, bold/italic, nested lists, and more!
- New formatting shortcuts: Capture inputs faster with formatting shortcuts.
- Inline images: Paste images directly into description .
- No more edit mode for manual notes: Edit and format text, then highlight a user insight. All your changes are automatically saved. No more switching in and out of edit mode.
- Preserved formatting when you copy/paste out of popular text editors: Including OneNote and Evernote, as well as many others.
- Ongoing markdown support: Add an h1 (#) h2 (##) or bulleted list ( - )
New formatting toolbar
A new toolbar allows you to apply text formatting:
- Big headlines (h1)
- Smaller headlines (h2)
- Numbered list (with support for multiple levels!)
- Bullet point list (with support for multiple levels!)
New keyboard shortcuts for text formatting
- Big headlines h1: (CMD + Option + 1 | CTRL + ALT + 1)
- Smaller headlines h2: (CMD + Option + 2 | CTRL + ALT + 2)
- Bold: (CMD + B | CTRL + B )
- Italics: (CMD + I | CTRL + I)
- Underline: (CMD + U | CTRL + U)
- Strike-through: (CMD + Option + X | CTRL + ALT + X)
Copy & paste images or image URLs directly into description fields! 🌅
Preserved formatting when you copy & paste
It just works.
Ongoing markdown support
Sometimes markdown is still the fastest way to format. Other times, you want to copy/paste text with markdown syntax already applied. Either way we've got you covered.
- Big headlines h1: #
- Smaller headlines h2: ##
- Bold: **boldword** or __boldword__
- Italic: *italicword* or _italicword_
- Strike-through: ~~strickenword~~
- Blockquote: >
- horizontal line: ---
- bullet point list item: -
- numbered list item: 1.
Note: We still don't support markdown for code blocks, links with customized anchor text, or other types of embedded HTML or multimedia.
See what's coming next...
See ideas we're still considering, learn what's planned, and see everything we've recently launched on productboard's Product Portal. 🌟