⚠️ Historic release notes ⚠️
Time sure does fly! These release notes are over a year old. They may be valuable to some as a historic record, but subsequent updates may have taken place to render content below out-of-date. For the latest articles, see our Getting Started flow and How-to articles.
The clouds have opened up and our teams have just released a torrent of updates you're going to love. Read on! ⚡️
Zero in on the right features
With the new filter menu, you can filter your Features board and Roadmap by a wide variety of feature attributes.
- Filter your Roadmap by Company to see the status/release of all features a customer has requested.
- Filter for all the features you own, or are following and save them as a new view you can return to at any time.
- Filter by release, no matter how features are grouped on your Features board.
Contributors can use the new filters but cannot save views.
Viewers can search the Roadmap but not apply filters.
Enhanced saved views
Make ad hoc changes to your board's configuration without worrying about overwriting the saved view you're on. Unless you save your changes, saved views will now automatically revert to their last saved state when you refresh your browser or navigate away. Learn more
Re-link many insights at once
Often we spot a trend in the insights linked to a feature or component: they actually represent two or more distinct needs! Now you can quickly re-link many insights from one feature/component to another.
- In a feature's details, under Insights, select each insight you'd like to duplicate or move to another feature.
- Select Link to feature +
- Unselect the Move insights to new feature option if you'd like them duplicated rather than moved.
- Select a feature/component to move the selected insights to.
Enhanced Prioritization matrix (Labs)
So you've built an initiative around features that support a common objective... what next? Use the Prioritization matrix to decide each feature's final priority within the initiative by evaluating its value to the initiative versus effort required to bring it to life.
If you've already been using the matrix, you'll love what we just added:
- Evaluate effort with your project's standard effort field
- Evaluate effort based on Prioritization score or drivers
- New filtering, search, and saved views
To try the matrix for yourself, enable it for your project in productboard Labs.
Already using the Prioritization matrix?
You'll notice the horizontal position of your features now look different with the latest update. That's because we've swapped out the old matrix complexity field for your project's standard effort field.
But don't worry: the matrix complexity values have been preserved – look for Matrix Complexity (legacy). If you'd like those values mapped on to effort to once again be shown in the matrix, contact us through in-app chat.
More recent updates
- Merge features – use the Merge function to rapidly move all of a feature's linked insights to the target feature and delete the original. More info
- Duplicate features – including associated data and insights! More info
- Enhanced Features board search – search results are arranged in an intuitive way with search keyword highlighted
- Unsubscribe yourself from daily summary emails – even if they remain enabled for other project members. Look for the new link at the bottom of each email.
- Upload your own profile picture – no more Gravatar!
- Keyboard shortcuts – in productboard, type ? to get started. See all shortcuts
Send your ideas & feedback
We're striving to deliver more value to your team in less time. Send us feedback on the ideas we're considering working on next.