Don't leave the most valuable trove of user insights untapped!
Support tickets in Zendesk contain a wealth of information you can use to prioritize the right features and build them in the right way:
- Questions & confusion during onboarding
- Painpoints in today's product
- Un-met user needs
- Feature requests
With productboard's newly enhanced Zendesk integration, your support agents can easily share relevant feedback with the product team by pushing select tickets straight to the Insights board.
Having these user insights on hand helps product managers during prioritization. It also serves as invaluable context for designers and developers, helping them build the right features in the right way.
Note: The Zendesk integration is available for all Zendesk plans except for Support Essential which does not include access to public apps & integrations.
- Trigger tickets to be pushed to productboard by tag or custom triggers, or automatically push all tickets to productboard.
- When a ticket is pushed into productboard, any subsequent replies to the ticket will automatically be reflected in productboard. If the associated productboard note has been processed, it will automatically be sent back to the Inbox.
Supported ticket attributes
Bring in these attributes as note fields:
- Ticket URL
- Ticket Title
- Requester name (user name)
- Requester email (user email)
- Requester organization name (company name)
- Tags (note tags)
- Person who added the tag (productboard note owner)
Set up the integration
To set up the integration, you’ll need to have an admin role in both productboard and Zendesk.
- In productboard, under Integrations, add a new Zendesk integration.
- Input the URL for your Zendesk project.
- Authorize the integration with your Zendesk credentials.
- Choose how you would like to pull conversations to productboard.
Custom trigger conditions
Looking to further automate the process of sending certain tickets to productboard? Set up custom trigger conditions in Zendesk (e.g. push tickets containing a designated keyword).
Set up custom triggers in Zendesk:
- Toggle the Settings option: Custom trigger condition.
- Save and Authorize the integration.
- Go to Zendesk > Admin > Business rules > Triggers.
- In productboard - trigger settings, under Conditions, replace the placeholder condition with your own custom condition.
Only those tickets meeting the conditions you define will be pushed to productboard.
To learn more about what types of trigger conditions Zendesk supports, see the Zendesk article Trigger Conditions and Actions.
Note: Avoid changing any other parameters in Trigger Settings, as this could make your productboard integration work in unexpected ways. 🤖
Pushing tickets to multiple productboard workspaces
If you'd like Zendesk agents to be able to push tickets to one of several productboard workspaces, you'll need to authorize Zendesk integration on both productboard workspaces and define how tickets will be pulled to productboard.
Manually pushing ticket updates to productboard
If you'd prefer to manually push tickets (as well as subsequent replies to those tickets) to productboard, use the legacy productboard app on the Zendesk App Directory.
Upon installing the app, support agents will see a module beside each Zendesk ticket allowing them to push it to productboard.
Subsequent replies will only be sent to productboard if an agent selects update.
Note: The productboard app for Zendesk only transmits basic data associated with the ticket (customer name/email). Tags will not be synced to productboard.
Install the productboard app in Zendesk
- Navigate to the Zendesk App Directory and select the productboard app.
- Select install and ensure you're adding this app to the correct Zendesk account.
- Enter the subdomain for your productboard workspace. The subdomain is the part that comes before .productboard.com in your workspace URL.
- In any Zendesk ticket, open the apps sidebar by clicking the Apps button in the top right.
- Click Authorize productboard.
- You will be prompted to log in to productboard and authorize Zendesk to access your account.
Once the productboard app has been installed and authorized by an admin, any Zendesk agent can use the app without the need for a productboard account.