With productboard, you can collaborate with colleagues through every phase of product ideation, prioritization, planning, and delivery.
Notifications help by alerting all relevant parties that a conversation of interest to them is taking place somewhere in productboard.
When will I be notified?
Today, you will only be notified in the following situations:
- A colleague comments on an entity that you own
- A colleague comments on an entity that you follow
- You are assigned ownership of a note or feature
- A colleague @mentions you in a comment on any entity
In these cases you will receive an in-app notification and email notification.
What it means to own an entity
The owner of an entity is the maker who is primarily responsible for it.
Roles: Only makers can own entities or assign ownership.
- An owner is notified whenever there are new comments on the entity.
- It is also possible to filter boards by note/feature owner.
Entities that have an owner:
- There can only be one owner of any given entity.
- By default, entities are owned by the maker who created them. In the case where a contributor creates a note, such notes remain unassigned (without an owner) until a maker assigns themselves owner, or assigns another maker owner.
What it means to follow an entity
Makers and contributors can follow an entity to be notified whenever there's a new comment on it.
Roles: Only makers and contributors can follow entities.
- Followers are notified whenever there are new comments on an entity.
- It is also possible to filter the Features board and Roadmap by followers. Filtering by follower will soon be supported on the Insights board as well.
Entities that have followers: Most entities in productboard
- prioritization scores
- user impact score
- hierarchy field
- Portal field
- custom fields
- Each entity can have multiple followers.
- When contributors create new notes — within productboard or via integration, the productboard extension for Chrome, or by forwarding an email — they become a follower by default.
In addition to in-app notifications, you'll receive email notifications for the events listed above.
Note: it is not yet possible to deactivate email notifications.
Daily summary emails
Makers can enable comprehensive email summaries of all that's changed in the workspace each day. Find this setting on your Account Info page.
The following events are included in daily summary emails:
- Features created, updated, deleted, changed status, or received a new comment
- Notes created, updated, deleted, or received a new comment
- Releases created, updated, deleted, or received a new comment
- Objectives created, updated, deleted, or received a new comment
- Segments created, updated, deleted, or received a new comment
- Users created, updated, deleted, or received a new comment
- Companies created, updated, deleted, or received a new comment
- Competitors created, updated, deleted, or received a new comment
At this time, owners/followers only receive notifications for the events listed above — primarily to be alerted of new comments that may be relevant to them.
Notifications are not yet sent for the following events:
- Note: Insight created
- Note: Tag added
- Note: Said by updated
- Note description edited
- Feature status change
- Feature description edited
- Feature prioritization criteria/data updated
- Feature: New insight linked
If you have a notification use case you'd like to share, submit your idea on our team's Portal.